Learn with Purpose - Sterling College

Transferring to Sterling College is easy! When you transfer to Sterling, you will experience our passion for your success.

Hear from one of our transfer students below!


Transfer Requirements

  • 2.0 cumulative gpa and 12 attempted credit hours

  • If less than 12 credit hours have been attempted, students are considered a first-year student (see first-year student requirements here).

  • Transfer students who do not meet the minimum admission requirements may be considered for probationary acceptance by the Admissions Committee.

Transfer Credit Policy

  1. Transferring students will provide official transcripts to the Registrar of Sterling College for evaluation. Courses being transferred must have a grade of C- or better.
  2. Remedial/preparatory level credits will not be accepted toward graduation. Remedial or preparatory courses with a Sterling College equivalent will count toward athletic eligibility.
  3. Sterling College does not accept credit for athletic participation.
  4. No more than 65 credit hours from a two-year college will count toward Sterling College graduation requirements.
  5. Courses submitted for transfer from institutions not accredited by a regional accrediting agency will be accepted if one of the following criteria is met:
    1. a grade of C or better in a succeeding course taken at Sterling,
    2. a passing grade on an examination for the specific subject, and/or
    3. a written notification from the Registrar and appropriate department head stating the equivalency of each course in question.
  6. In order to graduate from Sterling College, transfer students must fulfill all requirements for the respective Bachelor degree as defined by the major. They must meet all general education requirements and specific departmental requirements for the major as well as the residency requirements (32 credits taken at Sterling College). A minimum of twelve credits must be taken in the department of one’s major to enable a transfer student to receive a Sterling College major; a minimum of six credits is required for a minor.
  7. Transfer students who have earned Associate of/in Arts (A. A.) or Associate of/in Science (A.S.) degree from a Kansas community college with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher on a four- point scale are considered to have all of the Sterling College general education requirements completed except for the Theology and Ministry Department courses and GD 105 Foundations of Servant Leadership.

Are you transferring from a Kansas Community College? Your associates degree will transfer to SC! See our Transfer Opportunities page to learn about the different programs and universities we have transfer agreements with.

How Will My Courses Transfer?

To learn which courses may transfer, find the college or university you previously attended in the Transfer Equivalency System.  Not all courses may have an equivalency at this time. If your college is not listed, or you cannot find course equivalencies, please contact the Admission Department at admissions@sterling.edu.

Transfer Equivalency System

Have more questions? Email us at admissions@sterling.edu!

Apply Now   Scholarships

High Academic Transfer Scholarship