We value the insight, experience and diversity that international students bring to the Sterling experience. We invite you to join our student body to develop your intellect in a rigorous academic environment and your spirituality on our Christian campus. Come join our friendly community of students, staff and professors as you make Sterling your second home.



Steps for Application

  1. Apply for admission online. The Fall Semester deadline is July 15; the Spring Semester deadline is December 15.
  2. Submit official transcript and standardized test scores from all secondary schools and college you have attended. International students are required to submit their international academic transcripts for transcript evaluation. Students transferring from a U.S. institution do not need their transcripts evaluated.

    • Athletes: Use InCred for transcript evaluation – www.incredevals.org
    • Non-Athletes: Use World Education Services (WES) for transcript evaluation – www.wes.org
  3. Provide proof of English proficiency if English is not your primary language. Sterling College does not offer English as a Second Language (ESL) courses. Students must meet one of the below scores:
    English Proficiency Exam Required Score
    TOEFL-Paper based 525
    TOEFL-Computer based 195
    TOEFL-Internet based 70
    SAT (EBRW-individual score) 520
    ACT (English-individual score) 20
    Duolingo 90


    If you do not meet one of the scores above, you will be required to be considered for probationary acceptance by the Admissions Committee.

  4. Provide a copy of your passport
  5. Provide documentation of sufficient financial resources. Click here for more information.
  6. Pay for the first semester (tuition, room and board) less any scholarships or outside aid. Sterling College cannot release the I-20 form or submit student information to SEVIS until you have deposited the funds to cover expenses for your first semester. Funds for each subsequent semester will be due in advance of the beginning of the semester (July 15th for fall semester and December 15th for spring semester.)
  7. Provide proof of health insurance before the first day of classes. All international students are required to have health insurance. Questions can be directed to Deb Wiebe at dwiebe@sterling.edu



Complete and submit the Transfer-In Verification Form. If you are an international student transferring from a U. S. college or university, you need to complete the Transfer-In Verification Form and submit it to the institution from which you are transferring. This form will allow the release of your I-20 so that Sterling College can pick up your I-20.

Foreign Credential Evaluation Process

Sterling College recommends that international students who are not athletes use the World Education Service for transcript evaluation. Student athletes should use the services of InCred for transcript evaluation. InCred is a one-stop choice for international students to consolidate the admissions and transfer credit process.

InCred evaluations also are used for athletic eligibility processes for students wishing to pursue athletics at Sterling. InCred is the only international credential evaluation that provides consistency between the athlete’s NAIA Eligibility Center review and a credential evaluation. Records can be sent electronically to receive an InCred Evaluation and can also be used for eligibility purposes, which greatly speeds up a student’s eligibility review process.

InCred verifies the comparability and authenticity of a student’s international academic records. The evaluations include information on the student’s grades, field of study and credits earned. Students must at least purchase the Basic Evaluation and transfer students from international universities are encouraged to purchase a Course-by-Course evaluation for Sterling College to evaluate transfer credits. Click here to learn more about the different evaluation options.

Students interested in an InCred evaluation can learn more about pricing, the records required and submit an application online at http://www.playnaia.org/incred.

Passport and Visa

In order to come to the United States for study, you must obtain a passport from your government and a visa from the U. S. Embassy. In order to attend college in the U.S., you should apply for the F-1 Visa. This is an academic visa granted only upon presentation of a completed I-20 form. Care must be taken to observe all regulations of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Sterling College cannot release the I-20 form or submit student information to SEVIS until you have deposited the funds to cover expenses for your first semester. Funds for each subsequent semester will be due in advance of the beginning of the semester (July 15th for fall semester and December 15th for spring semester).

Documents required for visa interview include:

1.  Valid passport
2.  I-20
3.  Evidence of your acceptance to Sterling College (acceptance letter)
4.  Evidence of your finances (bank statement)
5.  Other documentation required by embassy/consulate (check their website)

Documents required for entry to the U.S.:

1.  Valid passport
2.  I-20
3.  F-1 Visa

Travel to Sterling

Sterling College is located in Sterling, Kan., which is in the center of the state. Sterling is approximately one hour (60 miles) from Wichita, Kan., and four hours (220 miles) from Kansas City, Mo.

By Air: Students should fly into the Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport in Wichita, Kan.
By Train: The closest train station in located in Hutchinson, Kan., approximately 25 miles away.
By Bus: The closest bus terminal is located in Wichita, Kan.

Arrangements to be picked up at the Wichita airport, bus terminal, or the Hutchinson train station should be made with your recruiter.

World Education Services